Careers that Change Lives
You will be a core member of Medtronic’s Operational Excellence team with responsibility for meeting all elements of the OpEx plan for Cardiac Surgery and Renal Care Solutions Operations. You will lead the implementation of the Medtronic Operating System (MOS) and improving performance, achieving OpEx savings targets and developing skills and capabilities to foster a culture of continuous improvement. We look for leaders who have a clear vision of where we are going and how to get there, bold inclusive thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, business partners, and customers. We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
A Day in the Life
You will work closely with Divisional leadership to ensure that continuous improvement, Lean and Six Sigma are deployed.
- Develop, deploy and manage specific OpEx initiatives aligned with improvement strategy.
- Assist senior leaders and champions in selecting projects that align with business/functional goals and strategies.
- Become skilled at leading and coaching COS transformations.
- Run large-scale improvement projects focused on deploying new processes and systems across the organization.
- Conduct OpEx training on specific tools in alignment with Corporate OpEx standards and guidelines.
- Coach and mentor OpEx Managers and Leaders to ensure their continued development in Lean and Six Sigma.
- Coach and mentor the plants to implement OpEx systems and tools including the Medtronic Operating System, Value Stream analysis, Workflow Maturity assessments, Cell Operating System, First Time Quality, Lean deployment, SPC deployment, etc.
- Ensure project tracking system and business results are maintained and results are communicated/ summarized monthly.
- Manage the local Green Belt selection, mentoring, and certification process to build additional capability throughout the organization.
- Deploy mechanisms for knowledge sharing and best practice transfer to replicate and accelerate improvement efforts.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Nice to HaveMBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred
- Certified Black Belt
- Solid implementation experience in Lean with value stream transformation experience
- Minimum of 7 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement program success.
- Experience leading High Maturity (COS) transformation projects, preferred.
- Solid performance as a project manager.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving tools.
- Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and platform skills.
- An understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and statistical software packages (Minitab etc.).
Working Conditions: Travel typically 20-50%, but varies based on initiatives ongoing.