As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This opportunity is for a seasoned Operations and Systems Administrator with a passion and deep understanding of the Operations world. Strong knowledge of Pega software and development methodologies are a must. You will be joining our Application Support team to work on scalable and highly-available platforms using vendor products like Oracle, Salesforce and other vendor packages. We manage and maintain multiple non-Prod and Production applications supporting millions of back office operational transaction with very divergent workloads. You’ll be part of a highly capable and motivated team working on solving application integration and related issues, proactively addressing scalability, availability, and performance tuning efforts on an industry leading platforms.
This position will involve primarily supporting Pega Workflows and systems running with Oracle databases and many of them with major integration with other Schwab systems and key domains which feeds into other applications. Proactive application monitoring, health checks and working with Splunk are also required for day to day operational needed and batch processes to feed downstream systems. On-call work is required for key deployments; collaboration and on-going cross-training with other team members will be key for efficiency and sharing of workload and application knowledge.
What you’ll do:
- Investigate and resolve application issues reported by our end users and business partners
- Solve production problems and participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and related installs
- Provide recommendations and improvements to prevent production incidents from re-occurring.
- Participate in key incident reviews / production issues calls to investigate and restore key application issues, outages or major impacts from related domains and perform post mortem / root cause analysis as needed.
- Configure and monitor new alerts, as needed, to prevent production issues from affecting application availability.
- Proactively monitor and continually seek for on-going improvements for our applications.
- Create dashboard to publish alerts or proactively identify issues raised after key releases to keep all applications and batch processes performing at its best
- Continually seek for on-going improvements for the applications we support
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers. Update and/or author new documents to share with the others in the Ops team.
What you have:
- 10+ years overall IT experience
- 6+ years experience with Pega software
- Seasoned PEGA resource with strong knowledge of Ops process and prior PEGA development experience is a must
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle systems to be able to write queries and investigate/ resolve Production issues
- Has experienced in using ITIL framework best practices for Incident, Problem and Change management
- Has worked in an Enterprise level environment and demonstrated capabilities in enhancing and supporting major applications.
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to speak with confidence and under pressure during technical troubleshooting calls to resolve and restore production issues; able to articulate key topics to different audience levels.
- Understands Operational needs and key processes to ensure application availability and stability continue to improve.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting and other open-source tools and related testing/ troubleshooting methodologies.
- Hands on experience in tools like IBM RAD, Websphere application servers, AppDynamics, AES, Splunk, Toad, etc
- At least 5 years experience with Java, J2EE, IBM MQWF technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of security tools like Veracode and AppScan
- Experience with modern 24x7 production environments
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours (as needed)
- Successful experience working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field
- PRPC (Pega Rules Process Commander) CSSA Certified
- Experience in financial services and bank/ lending environments
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life/.
Job ID: 20180412-2557