The Service business unit is the owner for the after turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and executes all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance.
- Responsible for ensuring the tactical implementation of service strategic plans and initiatives at the sites for which they are responsible.
- Responsible for the sites’ budgets, cost center management, and operational efficiencies (drives down cost). Manages costs that impact the bottom line. Ensures implementation of initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for all employment matters at the site management level including hiring, employee relations, performance management, performance appraisals, etc.
- Ensures service contract compliance.
- Responsible for liquidated damages mitigation and performance bonus optimization.
- Responsible for ensuring site management’s accurate documentation for billing and providing support for efficient accounts receivable.
- Manages vendor and community relations for their sites.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience as project manager, project lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team / operation.
- Knowledge and experience with effective safety programs, practices and procedures.
- Excellent leadership skills; demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Converts strategy into action oriented objectives and communicates the direction with passion.
- Effective change and conflict management.
- Technical background, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment preferred; knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize technical language.
- Ensures safety practices and protocol are implemented at their sites in alignment with organizational standards and ensures compliance and optimal safety results with a team who demonstrate safe behaviors by everyone, every time, everywhere.
- Achieves a culture of Execution Excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site management organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas. Makes recommendations and champions improving area work processes.
- Coaches, mentors and develops first line leadership.
- Engages site teams, drives ownership of site success to the technician. Enables first line management and supports field decisions.
- Provides effective leadership that achieves highly aligned, engaged and motivated site management teams that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators, Reportable Performance Indicators and operational objectives. Ensures site management team members understand how their work relates to business objectives and mutual success with our customers.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.