Imagine what you can do at Land O'Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O'Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture's toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O'Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you'll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Operations ManagerJob Description:
The Sr. Operations Manager will manage our Butter and Powder Departments in a 24-hour operation mentoring, coaching and training 250 plus team members to develop effective and efficient teams. Focus efforts on ensuring teams are executing activities that safely deliver quality and quantity, on time, continuously and efficiently, at the lowest cost. Job responsibilities are relatively broader in scope and impact. Will have Butter, Powder, and Night Operation Manager direct report responsibility. Collaborate with Plant Leadership Team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies, including project leadership, staffing and employee engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or related field.
- 7 plus years of supervisory/management experience in food or dairy large scale/multiple platform processing/manufacturing operations.
- Proven progressive leadership experience.
- Makes recommendations to senior management on long range labor strategies and capital equipment needs.
- Collaborates with Human Resources in grievance resolution and ensures strict and consistent application of current labor contract.
- Implements safety, security and sanitation programs.
- Ensures finished product quality standards are understood and consistently met.
- Identifies, obtains and develops staff capabilities needed to consistently meet objectives.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives either directly or through support staff.
- Ensures industry best practices are applied and employees are trained accordingly.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people & personalities.
- Must be able to make quick decisions on the spot & support those decisions to your peers, employees, and plant leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & multi-task with ease.
- Results orientation with track record of successful achievements.
- Ability to influence a positive employee environment.
- Ability to drive safety & safe behaviors while maintaining the goal of preventing all injuries.
- Must be able to influence change & lead those who oppose change.
- LEAN / Six Sigma / TMM experience.
- MBA, Master's Degree in Food Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years working as a team leader in a multi-faceted team is highly desirable.
- Dairy manufacturing experience.
- Leadership roles in Union environment highly desired.
- High Speed Manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Improvement Processes and/or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt.
- Budget and cost control skills.
- SAP or ERP or other system skills a plus.
- Change agent skills must motivate and inspire others to see the company mission and vision.
- Milk Balancing experience desirable.
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies strongly desired.