The Plant Operations Manager is responsible for the overall direction, guidance and safety of the Food manufacturing/packaging departments under the direction of GM/Director of Ops. This includes organizing and directing all departmental related activities on all shifts, including; providing leadership, direction and facilitation of production line teams, maintenance, quality and materials. Food manufacturing environment: Hi speed filling and packaging of food products.
- Direct all departmental related activities to ensure the timely execution of the production schedule to meet production and service goals. Ensure a high level of customer service while meeting inventory management goals, including raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver cost and performance; complete projects & assignments on-time, and according to plan.
- Manage all departmental quality related activities to insure a high level of food safety and product quality.
- Manage (through Maintenance manager) all departmental maintenance activities; maintain equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Have a track record of successful continuous improvement initiatives and results. Identify, recommend and execute continuous improvement initiatives in the production operation including process, machinery, method and material changes, in support of plant goals. Develop and streamline procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas.
- Create and implement improvement plans for the overall operation.
- Develop departmental personnel by assessing performance, setting goals, providing coaching, counseling, & training, while supporting Continuous Improvement.
- Manage all employee related issues within the department. Effectively manage departmental staffing requirements in accordance to budgetary and contractual requirements.
- Communicate goals and objectives, apply company policy, coach, administer discipline, and ensure positive employee relations. Build bench strength through active development of direct reports.
- Support and provide training to improve capability of employees.
- Schedule and track standard preventive manufacturing measures and prioritize plant maintenance opportunities.
- Experience in coaching and leading cross-functional teams, including team building, understanding motivation and negotiation techniques and providing work direction to others.
- Well organized, high energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management role in a Food manufacturing environment
- P/L, Budget, CAPEx
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - Preferred