GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Under the general direction of the Plant Director, this position manages all production activities to meet production, Quality and Safety goals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Direct and supervise the product, process, and packaging activities and priorities of production involving approximately 13 packaging machines, 15 tubes, and 5 tray lines with up to 450 hourly and 8 salaried employees
- Responsible for evaluation, compliance, and implementation of process improvement projects in order to increase productivity, quality, and safety standards
- Responsible for development and management of annual production budget
- Responsible for maintaining excellent quality, sanitation, safety, and production standards
- Manage and maximize effectiveness of all production workers, equipment and materials, and productivity to produce products within planned schedules, and minimum costs while meeting or exceeding established standards
- Assist in implementing effective employee relations programs
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- EXPERIENCE: 5 – 7 years management experience in a production environment, preferably in the food processing industry, involving efficiency improvement/monitoring, and quality management. 3-5 years as a department manager.
- SKILLS: Strong knowledge of food plant operations in terms of both productivity and cost drivers. Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage, motivate, and train people. Must have knowledge of applicable safety and quality regulations. Must have computer skills including Excel & Word. Bilingual in both Spanish and English is preferred.
- ADDITIONAL: Dynamic, hands-on ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented food-processing environment. Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Plant Manager, Materials-Receiving, Safety, Shipping, Supervisors, Leads, Maintenance, Quality Control, Finance, Human Resources.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
BS in Business Management, Operations Management or related field.
Manages and directs between 450 hourly employees and 8-10 salaried employees.
Ability to climb stairs, spend a majority of time standing and walking, and maneuver around an array of equipment. Able to work in a cold (35*), wet and noisy environment.
- Cell Phone
- Two-way radio
- Desktop Computer
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
Flexibility to work both a variety of shifts and hours required.
Ability to travel as needed although minimum travel is typically required.
- Strong knowledge of food plant operations in terms of both productivity and cost drivers
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, and train people
- Must have knowledge of applicable safety and quality regulations
- Must have computer skills including Excel & Word
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English is preferred
- 5 – 7 years management experience in a production environment, preferably in the food processing industry, involving efficiency improvement/monitoring, and quality management
- 3-5 years as a department manager
- BS in Business Management, Operations Management or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.