What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit ofthe West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital tothe success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for the development, management and execution ofthe Second Line Operational Risk control testing and validation including, monitoring, quality assurance and reviews of 1st line review activities to assess the effectiveness of the control environment and programadherence. This position will also be responsible for developing internal reporting and standards. Assigned toprojects impacting the operational risk testing team and responsible for internal QA functions. This position will focus on controls for the Lines of Businesses, Retail, Commercial, Wealth and corporate functions such as Human Resources and Marketing.
1. Assist with the design and development of testing strategies and methodologies to assess the effectiveness of the bank's practices used to validate the control environment.
2. Analyze business and /or system changes to determine impact and identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk rating consistent with established policy standards.
3. Assess complex monitoring activities associated with the Level 1 Control function. Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in accordance with dynamic regulatory, operational risk requirements, and/or industry best
practices; and activities meet timeframe standards.
4. Facilitate group level meetings with 1st Line of Defense testing teams to communicate status of program , known gaps, remediation status, and influence decisions and action when appropriate.
5. Performs Quality Assurance for work performed by peers, track areas which need to be addressed holistically and lead a team of independent testers.
6. Manages own work assignments to complete self-assessments and other reviews/projects as assigned.
7. Ability to work in a dynamic work environment, manages multiple tasks concurrently, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and build strong working relationships.
8. Create and distribute reports for senior and executive management that summarizes the scope of workperformed, findings, and residual risk levels.
9. Acts as a subject matter expert for the "Operational Risk Programs" within the team's scope of responsibility of testing.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.