At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for assisting to the planning, development and implementation of assigned activities and programs associated with operational risk management for Bank of the West. Because this job is used in various areas within the Bank more details are provided in the "Other Information" section of this document.
- Escalates material issues to appropriate management levels for transparency and active risk management. As assigned within the corporate operational risk framework takes action to maximize effectiveness of Control Programs, such as Third Party, Information Security, Business Continuity, Records, Fraud, etc. as well as changes in management.
- As needed, works with other risk functions to develop and implement controls that mitigate excessive risks.
- Once the controls are in place, continues to monitor control compliance and the prevalent risk environment recommending incremental recommendations for improvement to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels.
Other Job Duties
- Operational Risk Department: Assigned responsibility for broad areas of the Bank's Corporate Operational Risk Management function, ensures assigned areas are well designed, looks for and implements continuous process improvement, is a subject matter expert in their areas, and able to communicate/educate others on the process.
- Business Group Operational Risk Support Assigned specific LOB OR activities. Undertakes complex assessments of business unit exposures, identifying risks, analyzing and evaluating their potential impact and reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of the firm's existing controls. Requires collaboration and partnering within ORD and across business lines/support groups.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration) or the equivalent combination of education and experience