Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is currently recruiting a Sr. Risk Analyst to join our Enterprise Risk Management team. In this role you will be responsible for working with HR Sr leadership and managers to identify and consult on potential risks to the firm and business, applying risk/process management and analytical skills to drive well-managed risk activities. The Sr. Risk Analyst will operate from a foundation of risk and HR knowledge, laws/regulations, processes and associated controls, and good risk management and risk mitigation practices.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Provide risk and advisory support to the HR business
- Support HR risk management objectives and goals.
- Support the development of and execution of risk controls for the HR business
- Coordinate, execute and instils strong risk management practices throughout HR, serving as a thought partner to identify, socialize, and resolve key risks and issues identified through those activities to deliver a consistent and well-managed experience across the organization.
- Create and implement solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the HR business and firm
- Operate as the HR Risk subject matter expert across HR and ERM-Country liaison and GDPR SME
- Support the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process for the HR business.
- Provide risk and advisory support for all ERM and HR projects and initiatives
- Proactively analyze risk trends, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns and areas of emerging risk for the business unit including reporting on risk topics to management
- Monitor activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. Includes proactively identifying changes in, processes, policies, operating systems, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls line of business.
- Collaborates effectively with 2nd lines of defense (Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management) and 3rd line of defense (Audit)
- Provide risk subject matter expertise to HR teams and across the HR business line, as appropriate.
- Cultivate and foster relationships between peers, management, ERM, HR along with other areas such as Legal and Compliance to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in ether a Risk OR Audit capacity.
- Ability to analyze business processes to identify risks, assess risk levels and identify mitigating controls-Work independently, utilizing judgment and seeking/receiving guidance on unusual or highly complex issues as needed.
- Ability to apply effective communication techniques, active listening skills, and influence in translating information to the business that enhances understanding, collaboration and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify patterns and trends
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others