Lead, Strategic Procurement
To support purchasing manager and greater organization in resolving critical issues, important projects, identifying and executing business opportunities as it relates to purchasing and supply chain management. Identifies and analyzes spend and supply chain risks; leads teams and projects to implement supply chain risk mitigation, mid to high level favorable financial impact, or quality improvement for the organization.
Acts as leading team member of the purchasing team and supports mentoring and coaching of other employees skills and capabilities. May supervise individual contributors if assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the procurement and sourcing of materials and services through negotiations and with emphasis on quality, customer service, competitive pricing, inventory management, and on-time delivery.
- Negotiates and implements blanket agreements and long term agreements with OEM, subcontract, and component suppliers, considering regulatory and legal input.
- Execute and implement corrective measures aimed at improving supplier performance in terms of on time delivery, lead time, quality, and inventory control.
- Analyzes specifications and determines the best source for procurement of commodities in conjunction with procurement engineering.
- Initiate cost reduction programs with suppliers.
- Engage in SRM activities including visits to supplier facilities to observe operations and discuss business relationships.
- Actively participate in design teams, take leadership role in new product sourcing projects as well as other major procurement projects or commodities.
- Identifies and mitigates risks inherent in existing or future supply chains.
- Source and develop key suppliers with a goal of establishing a good ethical and supplier/user relationship in cooperation with Engineering, Research and Development, and Quality Management.
- Process ECO's - initiate drawing changes when necessary. Evaluate accuracy of documentation for conformance to specifications and feasibility for ECO's generated outside of purchasing.
- Reviews requisitions and purchase orders for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures. Place purchase orders to insure delivery on a timely basis.
- Correspond in writing and verbally with customers and suppliers as required to assure adequate and timely resolution of material problems. Expedite and adjust delivery schedules as required to meet production needs.
- Lead meetings with procurement team as needed from management.
- Prepare meeting agendas and presentations to business unit and operations leads.
- 8 years relevant experience in purchasing or equivalent. Includes negotiating, blueprint reading, vendor sourcing skills.
- Bachelors Degree. Certification: APICS (Am. Production and Inventory Control Society); CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management); NAPM (National Association of Purchasing Management; or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification is a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills. Must have strong negotiation skills. Good team building abilities, able to encourage people to work together with a positive "Can do attitude."
- Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses