Provides for and delivers health care services to workers within an occupational setting focusing on promotion and restoration of health, prevention of illness and injury, and protection from work-related and environmental hazards. Functions as a case manager coordinating health care services across multiple systems from the onset of injury or illness to a safe return to work or an optimal alternative. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the care for employees. Practices within the parameters of professional licensure to ensure consistency with legal, labor, regulatory and company requirements. Confidentiality of health information is integral and central to the practice.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provides occupational healthcare services including: medical surveillance examination; nursing care for injuries and illnesses; case management of injuries and illness in conjunction with disability administrator and worker?s compensation insurer; travel health and general health education.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations governing health and safety for employees and the environment including applicable FDA, OSHA regulations and recordkeeping, and other pharmaceutical regulating agencies.
- Drives increased health outcomes through the development and execution of occupational health programs to reduce employee workplace risks, manage and eliminate workplace health risks and support improved business outcomes by advancing employee health and wellbeing.
- Assists supervisors and employees with return to work issues including work restrictions, modified scheduling and job accommodations.
- Supports and participates in the Medical Emergency Response Team.
- Maintains effective relationships with business partners including Human Resources, EH&S and risk management in the development and management of health and wellness programs that are aligned with the company?s overall strategic goals.
- Develops and implements continuing education strategies and certifications as appropriate.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, customer service, efficiency, collaboration and safety.
- *In the case of absence, the reports to Manager above or a peer incumbent will function as a backup for this position.
- Current Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse in MA is required
- Baccalaureate/Master?s Degree preferably in nursing or other science
- Working knowledge of ADA, HIPAA, and MA Worker?s Compensation
- Strong Case Management experience is required
- Outstanding leadership skills required; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels
- Current CPR/AED certification is preferred
- National certification as an occupational health nurse (COHN/COHN-S) is preferred
- 5+ years clinical experience, preferred in occupational health
- Experience in Occupational Health software applications (e.g. Medgate/Cority)
- Non-routine overnight travel based on business need
- May require entry to areas handling radiological materials for emergency response or job assessment