We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 80,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4 billion square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Occupancy Planner to join our team.
To manage the supply, capacity and demand of a building, campus or region portfolio of space for a specific client at the business unit level.
Within the portfolio, can answer: how much space is currently available, what are the workplace conditions, and what are headcount projections by business unit? Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Summarize findings and recommendations for action or consideration by the client
- Know the status of major initiatives affecting planning decisions for the sites
- Develop migration plans and sequencing of group-level and individual moves
- Facilitate and/or resolve planning issues identified in the customer planning meetings
- Ensure planning is aligned with corporate guidelines, and that all scenarios maximize use of space
- Recommend, provide education of and enforce space policies/standards, procedures and protocols and notify client of customer requested exceptions
- Participate in Audits (including seat assignments, occupancy, vacancy & equipment)
- Measure, monitor and report cost saving and value added contributions
- Assist in developing site-specific planning strategies with senior leadership.
- Assembly, update and report the top-down and bottom-up seat count projections collected at the group-level for an annual planning, and work with the client to reconcile discrepancies with top-down projections
- Track and report actual seat demand at the group level
- Report actual seat demand versus projected seat demand at the building level
- Compare over time, actual seat demand versus projected seat demand at the building and business unit level
- As necessary, participate in project and move coordination planning meetings
- Review building specific stacking plans
- Report the current supply and capacity, and forecast inventory changes
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to tactfully deliver difficult messages and to tailor information to the audience
- Comfortable with frequent or rapid change; flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively manage time; organize and prioritize deliverables and workload
- Understanding of and commitment to client service
To ensure accurate reporting of information, and foster critical relationships between various individuals and organizations, communication channels will exist with:
To have the ability to utilize software that supports planning solutions and to communicate ideas clearly with planning team and lines of businesses:
- Proficient in AutoCAD to produce basic test-fits and square foot calculations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g., V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, cell calculations, etc.)
- Ability to consolidate data and floor plans into Power Point for presentations to client and lines of business
- Strong ability to work in all of the Microsoft Office suite software technology
- Capability to master client specific programs
Education / Years of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Design or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in a corporate environment
- Previous experience in space/occupancy planning at a strategic level, plus experience with interior office renovations