Equipment engineering leads new product introduction (NPI) to our customer service (CS) organization and provides the means and methods to operate, troubleshoot and maintain the ASML system. As Sr NPI Equipment Engineer you will be working in a cross-functional team to ensure a new product meets performance criteria such as serviceability, reliability and availability. You will develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the product and provide feedback to the design team on improving the product. During new product introduction towards customer service you will provide on-site support and training to enable success at the customer site.
May review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment. Responsible for improving overall system/module quality, increasing yields, and reducing process cycle times in the Process Engineering Organization. This is accomplished by the coordination of cross-functional activities with other departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with design staff concerning product software and controls design and reliable and efficient operation of controls system/diagnostic/GUI to decrease availability impact.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves customer service means and methods.
- Participates in sub-system design reviews and evaluates the new product designs for serviceability, quality, and reliability.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future service requirements.
- Coordinates service activities between Engineering and Customer Service.
- Participates as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Maintains databases for reliability and availability.
- Ensures proper diagnostic capability to point to issue root causes effectively.
- Assists in conducting time and efficiency studies and develops improved processes based on findings.
- Participates in Alpha testing in our factories to prepare for customer roll-out.
- Coordinates and supports beta test software activities to flow through customer service.
- Coordinates change and deviation activities to get properly introduced through the CS organization. Maintains track record.
- Coordinates and supports escalations during NPI phase between CS and engineering.
- Investigates and reports on root cause analysis and follows up with corrective actions.
- Implements containment and corrective actions.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on defined metrics (test data, Dead On Arrival (DOA) data, availability data, etc…) at a defined interval.
- Assists in evaluating and analyzing data acquired during test using programs such as MS Excel, MS Access, JMP, and Lab View
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company - Technicians to Management.
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Ability to facilitate and lead alignment meetings between various sectors in organization to reach solutions for complex and varying issues.
- Ability to lead small projects within a larger project team.
- Ability to engage in constructive discussions to achieve the most optimum outcome of a project.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings per GD&T Y14.5.
- Familiarity of DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques.
- Understand BOM (Bill-Of-Material) structuring fundamentals and have the ability to create COs (Change Order) and TDNs (Temporary Deviation Notification).
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative Science or Engineering discipline (software/controls-related degree strongly preferred).
- Presentation and public speaking skills preferred.
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, MS Access, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, and Agile. Labview, Visual Basic and Java programming knowledge are desired but not required.
- Statistical/6-Sigma experiencepreferred.