Support product realization through cross-functional team collaboration. Responsible for managing portions of the new product design process.
- Responsible for leading portions of the design process, completing assigned tasks, assisting other members of the team, and helping to ensure project completion in accordance with the schedule.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage low complexity projects of with little to no supervision.
- Prepares budgets and defines resource needs for projects or parts of projects in area of responsibility.
- Assists with completion of the Product Realization Stage Gate Requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that project meets requirements of specifications and standards, while promoting error-proof assembly.
- Responsible for creation of project test plan and completion of inside and outside test programs.
- Construct and test prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Responsible for reviewing test data and ensuring testing is in line with the test plan and pre-test calculations, and meets or exceeds G&W requirements.
- Perform engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting on the new and existing products and processes
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results and project activity as required.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Consult with Customer representatives to discuss product requirements and specifications when design or manufacturing problems are involved
- Give direction to supporting personnel such as Engineers, Designers, and Technicians.
- Follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Participate in the review of engineering drawings prior to the release to manufacture. Responsible for final approval of applicable drawings.
- Ensure that selected parts and processes meet project and company goals for cost efficiency and reliability.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years progressive experience in Engineering design and/or development to include:
- Experience working on highly technical and innovative projects with demonstrated ability to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- D parametric modeling.
- Running finite element modeling and check design feasibility within electrical, electro-magnetic, mechanical, thermal and multiphysics environment.
- Medium/high voltage electrical power systems.
Strong technical knowledge required
- Mechanical: Molded Components or Mechanism Design, statics, dynamics, castings, and material properties.
- Electrical: Current and Voltage Sensors, Power Systems (Protection, System Analysis, and System Fault Response)
- Familiar with new product development Stage Gate Process.
- Able to write technical documents, like test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.
- Able to read and interpret technical standards
- Able to effectively communicate (verbal, written, presentations) across all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or equivalents.
- Experience with DFMEA required.
- Able to use small hand and power tools.
Preferred Qualifications: Describe qualifications preferred to enhance immediate job performance
- ProE/Creo and Finite Element analysis a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, innovation, and initiative. A self-starter driven to learn new methodologies.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
- Heavy Lifting (frequent 25 lbs +)