Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Sr NodeJS Services Developer based in Jacksonville, FL, or Fairfax, VA.
As a NodeJS Developer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of applications for our clients. As a member of the team you will take direction from solution architects and leads on development activities.
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design
- Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions
- Understands a broad spectrum of technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
- Often leads small-to-medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment
- Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning's are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex. May lead a project team
- Passionate coder with 3 years of application development experience
- Required technical skills include:
- Cloud and Container Deployment
- Desired additional skills include:
- Microservices development
- NoSQL: MongoDB, CouchDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Event driven architectureexperience
- Web Frameworks: Express, Fastify, Vue, etc.
- Containerized deployment
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements