Crescent Solutions is committed to helping you as an esteemed IT Professional find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or direct hire opportunities in your area of expertise. During the initial discussion, we hope to learn more specifics about your background and skill set to determine what job opportunities will be most interesting to you. Our keep it simple approach is only part of what sets us apart from other firms in the challenging job market today.
We partner with the most innovative and well-known organizations in the industry providing you exceptional career opportunities. We are currently seeking IT professionals who are searching for technology jobs for the following opportunity:
Sr. Network Security Engineer
Responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of company wide networksecurity devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, load balancers, etc. Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all networksecurity hardware and software. Analyze and resolve networksecurity hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Act as a liaison between IT Engineering and Information Security. Serve as a technical resource to Network Engineers and Network Security Engineers.
- Ensure that security solutions are acquired, configured and implemented correctly
- Perform various audits of all networksecurity devices to ensure compliance with company and industry standards
- Provide support by performing troubleshooting which may include, but not necessarily be limited to: problem recognition, root cause analysis, research, isolation, resolution, follow-up, and documentation.
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Configure and install networksecurity solutions such as firewalls, load balancers and intrusion detection systems
- Understand vulnerability testing results, risk analyses and security assessments
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project's lifecycle
- Implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program conformance
- Perform maintenance on networksecurity devices
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
- Lead implementations and rollouts of new networksecurity devices.
- Strong network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6
- Research and identify hardware and software to meet Company needs.
- Other networksupport tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experiencepreferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Network Security or Network Engineer supporting enterprise security devices (firewalls, load balancers, etc) in a large data center environment.
- ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
- On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role
- Deep technical experience with Palo Alto and F5 suite of products required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.