Crescent Solutions is committed to helping you as an esteemed IT Professional find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or direct hire opportunities in your area of expertise. During the initial discussion, we hope to learn more specifics about your background and skill set to determine what job opportunities will be most interesting to you. Our keep it simple approach is only part of what sets us apart from other firms in the challenging job market today.
We partner with the most innovative and well-known organizations in the industry providing you exceptional career opportunities. We are currently seeking IT professionals who are searching for technology jobs for the following opportunity:
Sr. Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services through the support, design, and development of local area and wide area networks (LAN and WAN). Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. Analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Serve as a technical resource to Network Engineers.
• Provide support by performing troubleshooting which may include, but not necessarily be limited to: problem recognition, root cause analysis, research, isolation, resolution, follow-up, and documentation.
• Perform functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, planning, and configuration of networking, hardware, and/or software.
• Perform maintenance on network devices and system hardware and software including the restoration of hardware, software or configurations.
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
• Act in a lead role in integrating and schematically depict communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission, and signaling products.
• Act in a lead role in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems and in recommendations for procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Lead implementations and rollouts of new networking, hardware, software, and tools.
• Strong network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6
• Assist in the training and supervision of Network Engineers.
• Assist with and participate in disaster recovery testing.
• Research and identify hardware and software to meet Company needs.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications and coordinate RFPs.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experiencepreferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Network Engineer supporting enterprise networks and/or large data center environment.
• CCNA and ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
• On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role
• Prior experience with Cisco suite of products required.
• Prior experience with IDS/IPS, network access control, load balancers and firewalls preferred.
• Must have good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.