CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc., the largest toy company in the world is seeking a Senior National Accounts Manager. The Senior National Accounts Manager will have responsibility for the strategic direction and management of top power brands for Mattel.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Primary responsibilities include managing the relationship with Walmart and facilitating short and long term growth of the customer in-store and online. The (Senior) National Accounts Manager will partner with cross-functional groups across the customer organization to expand the current business and develop new revenue opportunities. This position will provide the highest level of service to the customer and will provide the leadership critical to execution and achievement of revenue and profit objectives for their responsible category. Daily responsibilities include:
- Establishing, communicating and implementing a strategic business plan for the customer organization that maximizes customer profitability and service levels while ensuring the achievement of segment and corporate growth and revenue objectives.
- Creating initiatives to deliver against vision and goals. Prioritizing initiatives and secure and allocate resources accordingly. Developing specific action plans with goals, timing and accountabilities.
- Driving market share focus in the team.
- Establishing a customer-centric and shopper-centric focus throughout the organization that anticipates and responds to the needs of the customer and their retail consumers/shoppers.
- Strong skills in selling, JBP, forecasting, execution and having a 360 degree business perspective.
- Leading the internal strategic planning and execution of these brands/businesses.
- Seeking, securing and analyzing information to inform strategies and plans, including industry best practices, competitive initiatives and consumer insights, to validate new product introductions and product extensions supported by product promotional opportunities that meet or exceed sales targets.
- Working on an interactive basis with the sales operations and finance teams across the business segments to ensure the success of customer sales strategies and the attainment of segment and corporate financial and performance objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience working with or managing the Walmart business and/or working with large national retailing organizations, preferably with a background in the Toy industry.
- Highly analytical in order to create business recommendations from data sources
- Excellent relationship building skills with proven sales success managing key account partnerships
- Strong knowledge of syndicated data analysis, data metrics, shopper behavior, brand, competitive and category volumes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to leverage relationships to increase shelf-share, online placement and drive increased business
- Proven ability to lead, own and drive programs and processes
- Action oriented and excellent decision-making skills
- Strong economic thinking, financial acumen and entrepreneurship skills
- ·Proficient in retailer proprietary systems – Retail link, Vendor Central
- Results Oriented and Driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities at once while maintaining the highest level of quality and detail
- 8-10 year’s related work experience
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.