You will be responsible for the overall architecture and scalability of the software system, in addition to hands-on implementation work. In particular you will:
- Architect, collaborate, and build a carrier-grade, scalable software platform
- Work with large volumes of data - design scalable software solutions for data ingestion, parsing and analytics
- Develop cloud-based distributed software solutions
- Collaborate with data scientists to understand requirements and build an efficient stream processing system that enables advanced AI based analytics
- Architect and develop efficient solutions for storing and consuming large volumes of data
- MS or PhD or equivalent in EE, CS or related field, with 8+ years of experience in software architecture, design and development
- 3+ years of experience as feature/component lead of complex features/components
- Interest in all things distributed in Cloud: Distributed Systems, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming/Processing experience.
- Experience with big data tools - Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop etc.
- Java, Python experience.
- Agile Software Development expertise.
- Cassandra,FoundationDB, SQL/NoSQL knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
Good to have
- Experience writing Java applications in a stream processing framework such as Spark, Flink
- Exposure to data/ML engineering
Engineering and TechnologySubcategory:
Manager and ProfessionalFull Time/ Part Time:
Full TimePosted Date:
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.