When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The candidate will collaboratively provide mechanical and reliabilityengineering technical support as part of Albemarle’s Mechanical Tech Service group supporting the Lithium Business Unit in the United States and in Chile related to current plant operation and future capital project expansion. The corporate level position drives strategic improvements at the plant site level related to mechanical design reviews and improvements, asset reliability program development, hazard reviews and safety improvements. The assignment involves collaboration with capital project teams and EPC for FEL2 and FEL 3 support on mechanical equipment design and selection, followed by construction and startup support. Additional work may be assigned as needed for championing specific aspects of asset reliability improvement initiatives, troubleshooting and problem solving; including “hands-on” and structured root cause failure analyses, and the use of best practices such as LEAN methods, Reliability Centered Maintenance, FMEA, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, and other similar tools. Activities may also include specialized technical support for Corporate Specifications & Standards updates as needed.
- Work in a safe manner and promote safety in all aspects of work responsibilities, including safety in design of equipment and operator access.
- Collaborate with capital project team and EPC for FEL 2 and FEL 3 support of capital project work scopes as assigned, such as mechanical equipment specification development and reviews, inspection test plan reviews for fabricators, spare parts reviews, life cycle cost and FMEA reviews, and preventative maintenance programs to ensure asset reliability
- Coordinate with otherengineering disciplines (civil, electrical and instrumentation)
- Provide asset reliability strategy for development of the facility Reliability Centered Maintenance program through the use of predictive, preventive maintenance, and condition based monitoring
- Practice and drive root cause failure analysis when needed, collaboratively across the Corporation
- Facilitate equipment modifications and root cause failure analyses with vendors & consultants
- Identify and document cost reductions and mechanical service factor improvements, along with safety and environmental improvements
- Provide reactive, predictive and preventive maintenance technical support
- Facilitate development and coordination of equipment inspection plans for use during equipment fabrication
- Foster a reliability-centered approach and lowest lifespan cost mentality within capital projects
- Provide specialty mechanical design, stress analysis, vessel design, and design code compliance technical support as needed
- Ability to manage multiple sub-projects with varied priorities, and track all technical support projects with an historical filing system
- Continuous focus on learning and self-improvement, and stay abreast of newtechnologiesthat could benefit the Corporation
- 8 to 10+ years of maintenance and reliabilityengineeringexperience in the Chemical Process Industry or similar industry
- Bi-lingual - Fluent in Spanish writing and speaking and English writing and speaking
- Knowledge and experience with material of construction selection, typically used in the Chemical Process Industry and corrosion damage mechanisms
- Knowledge and experience with different types of process equipment, such as pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, compressors, and pumps
- Proven experience with detailed aspects of fixed and rotating equipment design, operation, maintenance, and preventative maintenance, along with knowledge of associated industry codes and standards for design, material selection and safety features.
- Familiarity with rotating equipment aspects such as bearings, shafts, seals, vibration analysis, and lubrication
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and experience
- Proven experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance practices, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Criticality Ranking, and similar Asset Management Strategies
- Ability to work in a team environment to drive work scope to completion to meet asset reliability improvements, cost improvements, and OEE improvement targets and schedule
- Independent self-starter with results-oriented focus
- Proven ability in problem solving and multi-tasking
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, in an international team collaboration setting
- Ability totravel to Albemarle’s sites, and related fabricator’s facilities – estimatedtravelup to 40%
- Familiarity with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code (Section VII), ASME Piping Codes (B31.3), API 579 Fitness for Service code, and OSHA Part 1910 (as it applies to the chemical industry)
- Proficient in most common software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Autodesk Inventor, and SAP
- Member of related professional organizations formechanicalengineering or asset reliabilitymanagement, such as ASME or SMRP, or local country equivalent organizations
BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university program or equivalent
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering (Required)