Sr. Move Manager
Work as part of the project team, developing scope and schedule for the laboratory relocation projects.
Laboratory Decontamination & Decommissioning:
- Management of all activities related to the decommissioning and decontamination of laboratory spaces in preparation for construction, laboratory shut-down, department turnover, or full vacating of a facility.
- Must have knowledge of research laboratory facilities, equipment and instrumentation, processes and procedures, including typical lab utility services used (Elect, Gas, HVAC, etc.).
- Management and coordination of the processes will involve outside vendors, internal union craft labor, and lab support personnel, EH&S personnel, OEM equipment support, Asset Recovery, and direct interaction with research scientific community to support the decontamination/decommissioning of laboratory spaces, as required.
- Coordination of all service groups, organization and facilitation of project and weekly status meetings with all relevant parties (i.e. service providers, Environmental Health & Safety, researchers, engineering, facility/site management, etc.) and tracking status and completion.
- Act as the single point of contact for all laboratory decommissioning and decontamination efforts interfacing with researchers, and other key groups (i.e. engineering, facilities management, environmental health and safety, service providers, etc.) to align schedules for science shutdowns and laboratory closures.
- Responsible for the oversight of the lab decommissioning and decontamination and coordination of the efforts of all parties to ensure decommissioning/decontamination is completed on schedule.
- Facilitate kick-off and progress/status meetings and lab walkthroughs (preliminary through final).
- Schedule and management of decontamination vendors and manage the processes through final sign-off of Lab Exit Forms and Environmental Health & Safety.
- Submission and management of work orders to facility management.
- Management of the following service providers/client groups and integratedscheduleincluding but not limited to:
- In coordination with occupancy planners, MAC coordinators, and move desk coordinators provide essential office and in-field support for all Move Management activities including:
- Inspection of space for occupancy readiness both post and pre-occupancy
- Preparing work orders and managing work to correct deficiencies or make changes in office space to support moves.
- Managing required space signage changes
- Estimating and requisitioning manpower to support move schedules
- Creating and distributing move instructions and managing suppliers (furniture, movers, telecommunications, IT, signage, etc.) as required
- Scheduling appropriate manpower for move activities, overseeing packing/unpacking of laboratory contents, and supervising of craft labor in physical movement of laboratory contents, modifying sequencing as needed
- Supervising IT disconnects and reconnection after moves
- Confirming delivery of Telecommunications and Desk Top Support Services
- Addressing all client issues during moves and follow up with clients and/or service providers if needed
- Communicating any changes in execution to appropriate OPMM team members.
- Proactively manage, as required, project related issues on account or assignment, providing a single point of contact for move management activities for offices and laboratories.
- Plan and implement the relocation of office contents for office moves.
- Responsible for move scope development, field surveys, communication to all groups via minutes of meetings, written schedules, emails, implementing and running meetings for projects and ongoing work, creating & placing tags on equipment and in labs.
- Verify that all field activities have been approved by the client, all dates are on target, and move processes are managed and operated according to client policies and procedures.
- Participate in planning meetings hosted by the client, Occupancy Planning and/or other key stakeholders.
- Initiate/attend meetings, as required, to review schedules and move management tasks with team members and vendors.
- Establish move project goals and objectives, making changes where necessary to ensure desired project results. Develop and implement move plans and budgets in collaboration with OPMM staff, FM staff, and project management and construction management JLL teams.
- Procure and manage move labor in the field and manage supporting suppliers (i.e. IT, telecommunications, audio-visual; conference & dinning, managed print, etc.).
- Prepare RFPs, as required, for vendor and contractor services.
- Adhere to move management schedules and budgets.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risks.
- Suggest changes and improvements to existing move management practices and processes to maintain or improve service delivery while reducing operating costs
- Be proactively focused on meeting project requirements, both cost and schedule.
- Be proactive to ensure that occupancy records for a department are reflected accurately after a move is complete.
- Evaluate overall vendor performance to ensure all work is done in accordance with client's policies and procedures and client's standards of performance are met.
- Responsible for incorporation of “best practices” into move projects.
- Proactively suggest improvements to existing work processes to maintain or improve service delivery while reducing operating costs.
- Ensure data is accurate and current in all applications; conduct physical audits of occupancy and space as required and record/report variances to appropriate OPMM team members.
- Deliver, as required, activity reporting to the client including progress and status reports, supplier contracts and invoicing, churn issues, and employee updates.
- Manage invoice processing and PO tracking activities, as required, from PO creation through submission of vendor payment.
- Ensure all move management activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented processes.
- Ensure move processes are managedin accordance with the clients and JLL’s policies and procedures and ethical business practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management or Strategic Planning preferred.
- Minimum 5 years as Move Manager or related experience in the planning and relocation of laboratories preferred.
- Background and experience in Project Management, Construction Management or Strategic Planning required.
- Minimum of 5 years of facility, project or construction related experience in a Corporate Real Estate environment.
- Previous experience effectively supervision, training, mentoring and evaluating several move managers at various levels within the organization/team and supervision of required service providers.