What you'll be doing...
As a Sr. Mobile QA Engineer you will provide mentorship to the mobile software quality team. You will enforce quality assurance standards and execute test plans with a focus on ensuring the mobile apps remain at the highest quality. You will keep on top of industry trends and emergent technologies in test automation. You will test the Skyward mobile apps across operating systems, devices, and aircraft while keeping an eye on quality, performance, and usability. You will emphasize safety and professionalism when flight testing our software in the field. You will write clear, effective bug reports and track issues through their lifecycle. You will advocate for Skyward's customers, ensuring they have a great experience using the Skyward platform as they run their drone businesses around the world.
- Suggest best practices and process improvements to integrate quality earlier in the dev lifecycle.
- Research and implement automated testing frameworks to decrease dependency on manually executed regression tests.
- Mentor and guide other members of the mobile quality team.
- Build, run and maintain automated tests to verify the quality of the software platform.
- Run manual tests against the platform to validate features and bug fixes.
- Work with development and account support teams in developing test workflow, including functional, integration, regression, UAT, and performance/stress testing.
- Analyze system requirements to develop and maintain test plans.
- Document test plans and environments to be run by self and others.
- Flight test software in the field while following all applicable laws and regulations.
- Review pulls requests with an eye on quality.
- Document defects and issues clearly in JIRA with examples, replication steps and other information sufficient for an engineer to address.
- Understand customer workflows and incorporate that knowledge into the test plans.
- Document, prioritize and monitor issues.
- Recommend Usability improvements that facilitate Skyward's customers accomplishing their work quickly and easily.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Aviation or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in a full-time software quality assurance testing role testing iOS and Android apps.
- Four or more years of experience writing QA automation tests for mobile apps with tools such as XCUI Test, Appium, Robotium, UI Automator, etc.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for mobile apps.
- Experience working with performance and load testing for mobile apps.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Aviation experience (FAA sUAS or Private Pilot Certificate, airspace knowledge, ability to read VFR sectional charts, operating UAV, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience using bug and issue tracking systems.
- Experience using test case management software.
- Experience working on Agile teams utilizing Scrum practices.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the commercial UAS marketplace and customers' needs.
- Experience working with SaaS applications.