LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders—providing them with the tools they need to manage and grow their organizations, and deliver amazing experiences to their members. A fast-growing, venture-backed company, we count professional leagues, teams, and athletes as our customers and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform.
Beyond our sports management software, which powers everything from registration to payments to communications, we are committed to creating conversation around the topics and trends that will shape our industry’s future—injury prevention for youth players, the intersection of sport and technology, and equitable access for all those who wish to play.
You are a purpose driven individual searching for a role that will enable you to have a positive impact in a growing startup environment. To find a company and culture that aligns with your values and believes in building community above and beyond just making money. You want to be an intricate part of building the technology that will help enable all kids to have safe and amazing sports experiences. To work for a company that listens to your ideas, values your contributions and cares about your personal and professional growth. You have a passion for leveraging leading-edge technologies to create complete customer solutions, enjoy getting out into the field to understand people, and have experience bringing new product ideas to life using a data-driven approach.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for Delighting parents, players and coaches with the best youth sports experiences, primarily on mobile devices (iOS and Android). You will lead a cross-functional dedicated mobile team to develop intuitive mobile solutions that make commerce, communication, and all aspects of participating in youth sports delightful. You’ll have the potential to improve the lives of every parent, player, and coach registered on the LeagueApps platform.
- Own the product roadmap and strategy for the consumer (coach, parent, player) experience.
- Identify trends and best practices on the leading mobile platforms, to keep us at the forefront.
- Work with leadership and key business & engineering stakeholders to set strategy, define the product, and make appropriate high-judgement trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch.
- Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating actionable plans, workstreams and tactics, and execute on those in support of new product launches.
- Collaborate with technology teams, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and Business Development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
- Write market, functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Partner with Design and Customer Success to develop User Research processes to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of cultures.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in product management with mobile web and app experience.
- Product Management experience in a growing SaaS startup preferred.
- Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making.
- Sound business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
Working at LeagueApps:
- Equity Grants
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Parental leave coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues (and your kids sports leagues)!
- Cell Phone and Gym Subsidies, Citibike, and discounted gym memberships
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Check out our Instagram to see for yourself
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-makings