Slickdeals is looking for a motivated and experienced iOS developer to help us build a best-in-class mobile experience. You'll be working as part of a team that powers the Slickdeals community and will be responsible for new features and improvements for our iOS mobile app. As a senior engineer your expected to embody best programming practices, help identify, plan, and prioritize features that will enable our customers to have the best experience.
- Contribute to a team culture of ownership, accountability, customer-focused quality and individual growth.
- Participate in Agile development such as daily scrum, sprint planning, and cross functional development teams.
- Prototype, architect, build and maintain systems and applications natively for iOS.
- Promote and support best practices for software development which allow you to deliver code quickly that is extendable, easy to maintain and test.
- Provide mentoring to other engineers in native app development.
- Be a champion for quality by improving processes, developing test cases and test plans.
- Maintain and monitor apps for performance, crashes, bugs and usability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, capable of articulate complex ideas concisely, and effectively communicating with people across the organization who may not be technical.
- 2 years of experience building and releasing consumer apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Expertise with Objective-C, Swift, iOS Frameworks, XCode and open source components.
- Takes ownership of quality throughout the lifecycle of an app build.
- Ability to architect and integrate apps with backend and 3rd party API's.
- Demonstrated success mentoring engineers in iOS development.
- Capable of defining the mobile architecture, creating and contributing to app frameworks.
- Adhere to and improve processes for mobile app development.
- Has worked on a live product and understands the difficulties involved with releasing apps to the App Store and maintaining it while users are actively using the app.
- Ability to produce documentation for the development process, standards, conventions, test cases, test plans.
- Writes Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and is familiar with test driven development.
- Experience working on consumer-facing apps with over 1 million users.
- Successful and timely delivery of high-quality apps to the App Store marketplace.
- Development of reusable application frameworks and components.
- Improved native app development process with a focus on quality assurance.
- Incorporate tools and measures for performance, crash/bug reporting, and UX A/B testing.
- Wrote cross-platform code across iOS and Android
- Familiar with and regularly use Design Patterns, Inversion of Control and Reactive Programming.
- Experience with Android development, Kotlin and Java.