The Sr. Mobile Engineer will lead strategy, design, development and maintenance of our consumer facing Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co. Android mobile apps. The candidate should have a strong understanding of Android UI design principles and patterns and will lead the entire app life cycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. In addition to delivering the product, the candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy at Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Acting as lead Android developer. Depending on skill set, the candidate can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other
- Working closely with other mobile app engineers leading the cross-platform development
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle– concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support
- Collaborate with internal and external teams - Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Marketers to conceptualize, build, test, and realize new features
- Standardize platform to be able to deliver multiple apps using the gradle build system and product flavors
- Standardize and enforce coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance
- Work with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- Android: Strong object-oriented design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Familiar with Android SDK
- Familiar with Android Studio as well as build automation tools such as Gradle
- Familiar with Google Play Developer Console
- Good understanding of HTTP, REST APIconcepts
- Experience with implementing the Material Design standard.
- Experience with common open source libraries as well as RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger
- Experience with unit testing android applications with tools such as Robolectric, Espresso, Mockito.