The Durham-based office of EBSCO Information Services is looking to further grow by adding a Software Engineer to our development team. This engineer will work as part of an agile (SAFE) team to develop “green field” projects focused on designing, architecting, and building our core software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Mobile app development will be the initial focus and preferred candidates will be fluent in React Native, Objective C, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing mobile applications that support EBSCO’s products and services.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished within an iteration.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Make suggests to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, accessibility, delivery and maintainability.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- 2+ years of React Native development experience.
- 2+ years of professional mobile app development experience.
- At least one iOS / Android App completed and presentable.
- Solid understanding of iOS and Android app deployment procedures. (Store deployment, Enterprise deployment, certificates, provisioning profiles).
- Must have knowledge of iOS and Android local storage paradigms. (User defaults, keychain storage, core data).
- 2+ years of experience supporting enterprise mobile apps.