We are building a new native mobile development team to focus on multiple applications for both iOS and Android, that span our Content, Commerce, and Community platforms. We are a fast-paced agile shop that is constantly building out new applications and features, while responding to user reports and feedback at the same time. Our goal is to have a top-notch product line, so we are investing in more top-notch talent to make it happen. If you develop in either Android or iOS, and like to drive rather than sit in the back seat, this is the job for you.
- Work with Product Owner and other team members to gather requirements, determine development strategy, and estimate project velocity.
- Work with embedded Designers, QA, and SDETs to ensure engineering deliverables meet conditions of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers for engineering strategy and architecture.
- Collaborate with web development teams to make sure enterprise service development properly supports our mobile strategy.
- Develop new application components and maintain the applications as a whole.
- Analyze and optimize application components for performance, stability, and device resource usage.
- Research emerging technologies (proprietary and open source) for possible adoption
- Operate in and contribute to a tightly knit team environment where everyone is a winner.
- Maintain native iOS and Android apps.
- Previous leadership experience required
- Proficient in 2 or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Perl, Linux shell
- Agile work flow and team Scrum
- 5+ years professional OOP and design patterns (MVC, Singleton, Strategy, etc...)
- Multi-threaded applications
- Volatile and persistent caching
- SQL/SQLite schema normalization and denormalization
- SOA with JSON based REST services
- JSON serialization and deserialization of objects
- Git and/or SVN branch management
- TDD, Unit Testing and related frameworks
- Maven and Continuous Integration builds
- React Native/JS experience
- Basic web development a plus
- J2EE or Spring based Java Enterprise development a plus
- Application localization and internationalization a plus
- Jira or other issue tracking management a plus
- 4+ years professional Mobile development
- Grand Central Dispatch (GCD)
- NSOperationQueue (concurrent/non-concurrent operations, dependencies)
- Core Data
- Core Graphics
- AFNetworking/FSNetworking or something similar
- 4+ years professional Android development
- Asynchronous Tasks and Loaders
- Fragment, Activity, and Service lifecycle
- Extending View and ViewGroup
- ViewStubs, merge/include, and optimizing layout xml for performance
- Best practices for image handling and management in Android
- Best practices for highly efficient Java
- DDMS for memory and thread management