The Full Stack Engineering team at Elavon is responsible for building and maintaining application environments using a wide range of tools and processes. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of environments following SAFE Agile methodologies. Elavon’s engineering teams are responsible for processing systems used by customers world-wide, and this team will be at the forefront of the organization’s push into new initiatives.
If you are a driven, self-motivated individual who excels (and loves) working in a wide array of technologies, this is the perfect opportunity for you. You will never be bored, and will constantly learn new tools and processes as new challenges are discovered that need to be solved. You will also imbed yourself with development teams when working on projects, and will become a driver in breaking down barriers between development and operations teams.
- Develop CI/CD processes for new projects as assigned
- Design and implement IaaS using a vendor-support Openstack distribution
- Use Terraform or other Infrastructure templating tools to deploy Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Create and deploy Docker containers using Kubernetes orchestration
- Utilize Configuration Management tools to maintain large, dynamic server environments (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt)
- Be extremely comfortable using git for all scripts, configurations, and application code
- Development and maintenance of scripts in Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Deploy multiple environments through automated processes
- Build instrumentation and metrics for monitoring and alerting systems
- Create Documentation
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years experience with utilizing, configuring, and installing software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms.
- At least 4 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
- BS in Computer Science or Comparable Work experience
- 5+ years experience with Linux/Unix(RHEL Preferred)
- 3+ years experience with scripting languages(Ruby/Python/other)
- Strong understanding of containers/jails/zones, and their limitations and uses.
- Understanding of the operation of version control tools (git, mercurial, bazzar)
- Familiarity with branching workflows, as well as the tools used to support (Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience with chef/ansible/puppet/jenkins/other devops tools
- Experience with Docker, rkt, charliecloud or similar container runtimes and build tools.
- Experience with Kubernetres, Mesos, or other similar containerized workload scheduling systems.
- Experience or knowledge of off/on premise cloud architecture
- Experience working in a PCI CHD environment.