In this role, you will serve as the account executive for the largest and most complex commercial clients ($5mm to $30mm stand-alone C&I Credit or up to an approved relationship TCE Hold Limit) and maintain a "trusted advisor" relationship with clients based on knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients' business objectives and lifecycle. You will develop and grow new business and build/maintain strong relationships with prospects. In doing this, you will drive financial performance through profitable revenue and growth and quality credit.
- Serve as the trusted advisor to clients, and function as the Commercial Banking client "expert" and the go-to-person for the largest and most complex clients.
- Develop focused strategies for acquiring, retaining, and growing select clients.
- Champion and lead all business development efforts for specific client and/or prospect base. Drive a focused business development effort by developing a clear and holistic understanding of the client's or prospect's business/industry. Partner with the client as a financial strategist and share a skilled financial perspective. Prepare for client reviews, identifying opportunities for presenting unsolicited solutions/advice. Provide the client with deep knowledge in key product areas.
- Assemble and lead cross-functional team to quickly respond to customer request. Utilize team of experts to creatively present the full breadth of the bank.
- Maintain active prospecting effort, including identification, qualification and calling. Consistently balance prospecting efforts and quality client maintenance responsibilities.
- Maximize established referral network and continue to expand this network.
- Proactively prospect for new clients and consistently balance quality client maintenance responsibilities.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and partners to structure, coordinate and sponsor credit and non-credit products/services.
- Anticipate and solve internal obstacles for the client with a sense of urgency and consistently finds the right way to get things done for the client. Act as a client advocate while adhering to sound business practices.
- Lead and drive a culture of creative and strategic thinking to arrive at multiple potential ways to achieve client goals.
- Maximize profitability of assigned portfolio by effectively selling the value Umpqua provides.
- Make decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits. Analyze credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
- Follow-up on current loans to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other required terms.
- Study industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience; Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant commercial lending experience and proven track record of exceeding performance in developing business in the commercial industry. 5+ year of high performance experience with clients with sales over $25 million preferred.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
- Experience working in relationship management teams with a proven understanding of the importance of balancing business development and asset quality.
- Extensive knowledge of bank products.
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills.
- Expert credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Expert knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Partners effectively with senior credit officers.
- Thorough knowledge of bank's risk-rating system, credit products and underwriting policies. Exceptional working knowledge with structuring credit products to middle market business in diverse industries with complex ownership structures.
- Experience with syndications, asset-based lending, capital structure finance, leveraged lending, enterprise value lending, and trade finance.
- Experience with underwriting and/or managing Shared National Credits (SNC).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent Regional Travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-fre