Fortified Data is a rapidly growing global provider of database design, management, and support services. We are thought leaders within our industry with many years of experience in some of the largest and highest volume mission-critical systems. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with holistic business and technical roadmaps that enable them to meet and exceed their objectives. Our work environment is challenging, fun, and exciting. We are a destination employer where the majority of employees are referrals from existing staff.
Fortified Data is an equal opportunity employer. Eligible candidates must provide evidence of legal working status for any employer in the U.S.
Fortified Data is currently seeking a Sr Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) developer who will be counted on as part of the professional services delivery team to successfully design, develop, deploy, and test ETL/ELT and reporting solutions in an enterprise environment. Successful candidates will have experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure Data Factory (ADF), and Power BI. An ideal candidate will also have strong knowledge of SQL Server architecture and working experience with database administration.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and document how business requirements fit into an existing system
- Gather requirements and creates system specifications for small, standalone projects
- Assist in refining system specifications for complex projects
- Translate project requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for data models, BI reports, and applications
- Design and implement relational and dimensional data models while adhering to development methodologies
- Design and implement data loading (ETL/ELT) and publishing processes within the DW/BI environment
- Analyze existing data structures and ETL processes to identify areas for efficiency improvements
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans
- Develop and implement reporting data models to satisfy business reporting requirements, pulling data from a variety of sources, including structured and unstructured data
- Analyze and visualize data through Power BI
Education & Experience
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Similar Technical Degree or 10 + years of experience
Required Experience: 7+ years of demonstrated experience in Business Intelligence development within the Microsoft stack, including:
- Microsoft SQL versions 2014 and later
- Strong experience in data extraction and manipulation, ETL techniques using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment and a strong understanding of dimensional data modeling concepts
- Advanced Proficiency with T-SQL, including the creation and optimization of stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data through Power BI and Tableau
- Experience delivering solutions utilizing the entire Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Strong exposure to OLAP systems
- Experience with source control (Git) management
Preferred Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Prior experience with a Managed Service Provider
- Working knowledge of cloud-based technologies such as Azure and AWS
- Technical skills with other RDBMS platforms including Oracle, MYSQL, and MongoDB
- Customer Service: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction. Respects all internal and external customers and uses a team approach when dealing with customers to exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to Multitask: Proven ability to manage multiple issues and/or projects successfully bringing them all to resolution in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates problems, recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem, and analyzes current procedures for possible improvements.
- Detail Oriented: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Automation / Tools: Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Willingness and ability to learn and implement new software applications and technologies.
- Most work will be performed remotely
- Up to 25% travel possible