At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
We seek a strong Sr. Microsoft 365 Engineer to provide technical leadership and hands-on development, administration, and support of our corporate Unified Communications and Telephony Systems. They will be responsible for administrating, maintaining, and deploying various new services, O365-based business solutions as well as establishing standards, processes, and configuration guidelines. The role will be responsible for driving user adoption of O365 features and applications. This position will be tightly aligned and take functional and strategic direction from Workforce Technology.
This role will have a heavy focus on Microsoft 365/Office 365 solutions. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be a technical subject matter expert. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft Productivity offerings and promote innovative solutions to our internal customers. You will develop relationships with key business stakeholders and other technical leads. The Sr. Systems Engineers are responsible for leveraging their knowledge of the Microsoft\Office 365 suite (Exchange, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.) to meet and resolve our client’s business needs.
- Establish and perform the O365 best practices for providing unassailable solutions for Edelman Financial Engines.
- Work closely with Application Systems, End User Computing and Cybersecurity teams to develop, deploy and maintain sustainable solutions.
- Perform project management activities in support of the program.
- Perform administrative maintenance on the O365 tenant services to ensure optimal service response times and proper license and rights allocations.
- Work with various IT teams as required to support O365 related initiatives.
- Problem analysis following any service issues to prevent recurrence.
- Perform product testing and integration testing as needed.
- Identify security risks to our O365 environment and services and suggest mitigation.
- Developing and promoting standard operations documentation such as procedures, checklists, Knowledge Base Articles and user instructions.
- Ensuring systems adherence and compliance with Edelman Financial Engines security standards and practices.
- Extensive understanding of O365 capacity planning and services architecture to ensure accurate and immediate Tier 1-3 level administrative support.
- Analyzing designing and implementing new technologies for applications within the O365 environment.
- Performing root cause analysis and repair of technical issues and trends to include assisting team members as needed.
- Develop and communicate technical standards.
- Develop and implement Governance, Controls and automation in-line with operational, security and audit requirements.
- Educating, training, and providing support to other team members and associate base on newly released O365 offerings and/or services, technologies and processs.
- Participate in on-call rotation perform after hours support as required.
- Evaluates the needs and requirements of the user population and works closely with Leadership and Architects to provide solutions in alignment with licensing policies and future technical direction.
- Will be responsible for opening, tracking and reporting on Microsoft Premier tickets as needed as well as responsible for identifying and raising awareness of any credit eligible service outages per the Microsoft Services agreements.
- Use PowerBI and other reporting tools to create reports and live dashboards for SLT, Business stakeholders and other teams that need insight into tenant activity and usage.
- Effectively leads large efforts as required and coordinates the management of deliverables across IT teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Engineer/Science or similar field
- 7+ years of experience working in a Microsoft Systems Engineering role within a high paced IT environment, preferably within some financial institution experience
- Proven professional experience with Azure AD and Microsoft\Office 365, including configuration of tenant wide policies, ATP products, Intune, authentication and identity management and DLP
- 3 or more years of experience with Microsoft\Office 365 platforms including Intune, and Azure AD
- Expert in Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies (Group Policy, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP)
- 1 or more years of experience implementing Microsoft Teams
- Demonstrable knowledge of migrating best practices and troubleshooting
- Exchange Server and Exchange online migration and deployment experience
- Strong understanding of the latest Microsoft desktop, server, and cloud platforms
- Strong ability to resolve business problems and process issues with the Microsoft\Office 365 technical platform
- PowerShell scripting skills
- MCSA or MCSE in O365 and Microsoft 365 preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate at a highly effective level both in a written and oral manner
- Self-motivator, possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity
- Ability to research technical topics and communicate the end results of the investigation
- Ability to work closely with and explain technology and processes
- Experience with Genesys Cloud Telephony is a plus