Sr. Microservices Developer - Java - Cloud
Position Title – WRTPBSMD102017
Sr. Microservices Developer - Java - Cloud - API”s - SQL/NoSQL - Framingham, MA Area - $$ Open
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local candidates Only - No Contractors/Consultants Please
Large, successful, and growing Massachusetts based Electronics Firm with market leading products that help change people’s lives – Excellent culture – Outstanding benefits - Lots of Upside – Join other exceptional people and help create & deliver premiere products.
As a software engineer you will work with our IT team designing and developing web services, device IoT services, and Rest APIs that support our wireless audio ecosystem of products. The ideal candidate has strong DevOps experience and has worked with cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
· Design and develop back-end Microservices and REST APIs for connected devices, web applications, and mobile applications
· Collaborate with front-end and mobile app development teams on user-facing features and services
· Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
· Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture.
· Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools.
· Work withother software leads on developing continuous integration (CI) pipeline and unit test automation
· Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
Required Skills and Competencies:
· B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
· Expert knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Boot, JMX, JUnit, J2EE -> JPA, JAXB, Spring MVC, Maven
· Hands on experience using and developing micro service REST APIs
· Working knowledge of Relational (MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis)
· Cloud-based distributed applicatiling & data processing in the cloud
· Agile / Scrum methodology
· Learns fast in a fast paced environment
· Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred)
· Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, and RDS preferred)
· Knowledge of dynamic server coding environments such as Python, PHP, Ruby, or Node.js
· Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef
· Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and Docker.