Posting Date: 2018-03-19
GENERAL SUMMARY Directs workforce strategy functions that include workforce planning, talent management, leadership development, organizational development, employee engagement, Affirmative Action and Diversity. Responsible for developing, advancing and aligning these workforce strategies across all FTN businesses. Ensures program objectives, structures, processes and key performance metrics are aligned with the strategy of the business. Serves as an internal consultant to HR leadership, business leaders, and other key stakeholders regarding the alignment of organizational talent with business needs, will leverage workforce analytics to inform key business decisions, will build strong internal customer relationships with key HR and business leaders to define and understand strategic objectives, and will develop meaningful and actionable talent and workforce plans and metrics to drive workforce decisions and strategic insights.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
•Bachelor’s degree/equivalent required, with equivalent work experience required in Human Resources, as outlined below
•Ten (10) years’ Human Resources experience for a large organization to include: o At least five (5) years’ Human Resources management experience preferred; and o At least five (5) years’ experience in talent management and organizational development required, with some experience designing and administering strategic programs, preferred
•Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
•Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in Human Resources, including knowledge of current labor and employment laws, and leadership experience with talent management, performance management, employee selection programs, organization development, workforce planning and policy/procedure development
•Ability to think strategically and develop tactical action plans to achieve business and people goals. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with key business partners, HR peers and key internal and external stakeholders to align key HR initiatives
•Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges
•Proven project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects at once. Ability to adapt, effectively prioritize and deliver on key commitments in a team-based environment that is fast-paced and rapidly changing
•Demonstrated ability to translate employee research into key business insights. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
•Experience in the transportation industry is preferred and experience working in a union contract environment and understanding the associated impacts on the workforce is desirable.
•Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, as well as strong ability to persuade and partner with other employees at all levels within the organization
•Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations with proven experience presenting to, and influencing, senior executives across an organization. Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy during the process of educating, mentoring/ coaching staff and management and effectively facilitate meetings with large groups
•Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate with leadership in the formulation and implementation of the workforce, talent management and organizational development strategy that aligns with the FTN business strategy.
- Utilize communication and design skills along with organizational development theory to uncover and solve workplace issues and drive the talent strategy.
- Partner with senior leaders, Finance, Legal and HR business partners to understand workforce requirements in terms of headcount, budget requirements, and skills now and in the future.
- Lead and facilitate workforce planning and design initiatives including, but not limited to, critical role/capability identification, environmental scanning, gap analysis, risk analysis, and action planning.
- Manage and ensure the succession planning process leads to the identification and development of critical talent to build leadership bench strength.
- Lead the development and implementation of workforce planning, talent management and organizational development programs (e.g., organizational design, employee selection, performance management, employee engagement, talent development, leadership development, diversity initiatives).
- Oversee the administration, and help the business leverage key insights from, the annual employee engagement survey.
- Support change management initiatives within the function.
- Recruit, select, train and motivate a staff of managers and professional employees that provide organization development and talent management services, including workforce planning, employee selection, employee development, performance management, succession planning, engagement surveys, diversity, etc.
- Establish a climate that fosters high involvement, trust and a commitment to quality among all staff members.
- Ensure collaboration among staff and with stakeholders to deliver effective talent management and organizational development programs.
- Manage vendor relationships. Participates in vendor selection and contracting decisions.
- Develop and effectively manage department budget