Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Mgr, UX Design is responsible for leading a team of associates focused on the development of creative solutions in support of multiple client experience journey across multiple business channels. Focuses on creatively solving complex problems from a diverse set of perspectives, contexts and research inputs, while applying their own informed views and taste. Charged with not just redesigning but reimagining customer experiences, while guiding other members of their design team to do likewise. Expected to drive the design process spanning from synthesizing insights to visualizing ideas. They thread design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch. Requires knowledge of business, products, and understanding of BU strategy.
Provides leadership to a team of designassociates in constructing quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate the UX/UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience. Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders. Mentor others and capability -build to cultivate and support them. Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented. Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
Leads the strategy for the design components of the client journey redesign. Lead user research and testing, developing customer models (personas, activity models, etc.), mapping customer journeys, developing service blueprints to direct team output. Apply user centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs. Use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.). Collaborates with Product Owner and Sponsor to brainstorm ideas, determine appropriate messaging and ensure alignment of the creative product with the overall T. Rowe Price brand and the BU’s strategy and is ultimately accountable for the quality and timeliness of the products and outputs produced by the design team on their respective journey, as well as the overall success of the product.
Apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible multi-platform digital solutions, combining user needs, business goals and technical realities. Utilize best practices (known and emerging) to define and implement design criteria.
Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually. Use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life. Effectively present product vision to the product owner and other members of the team, as well as sponsors and senior leadership. Works in consultation with other key design leadership roles across journeys and other parts of the organization to ensure alignment of activities and approaches.
Perform task analysis and define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing. Manages and enforces brand and identity standards within the context of the client experience journeys. Serves as the creative owner of our brand within the lab and ensures all materials are reflective of our brand standards. Incumbent has final authority of creative output.
Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead in internal company workshops, concept sprints and external designevents
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or Associatedegree and 8years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant industry experiencedesigning digital products and services which balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Practitioner of holistic, human-centered approaches to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience owning a project vision, execution and quality assurance
- Strong creative problem solving skills that can be applied to creative process and issue resolution
- Strong leadership skills and experience setting and executing strategy– able to lead and motivate a team of creative people
- Ability to delegate work with sufficient direction
- Ability to listen to complex ideas and distill them into easy to understand concepts
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is a must
- Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team within an Agile environment working with product owners, designers and developers
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Experience working with front and back-end developers to utilize latest technologies and create intuitive and beautiful user experiences
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment and respond effectively to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver and ensure highest quality deliverables
- Understanding and demonstrable knowledge of interaction design and information architecture principles
- Familiarity with current design development tools which includes use of Adobe CS, Sketch, UXpin as well as good experience with MS Office
- Knowledge of visual/graphic design principles is an A+
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, UXPin,
- Ability to lead team ideation sessions to guide better design outcomes
- Great communicator and evangelist seek out opportunities to promote the design practice internally and externally, being an excellent presenter
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to junior designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent experience/qualifications with 10 -12years of progressively increasing responsibility in an advertising agency, graphic design firm, PR firm or similar business OR in an in-house agency or marketing department.
- Advanced degree in related field
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION WILL NOT RECEIVE FURTHER CONSIDERATION.