Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering more than 150,000 new release movies, next-day television shows and classic favorites available to rent or purchase on demand, and more than 38,000 titles available to customers with an Amazon Prime membership. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of our video offering that we've launched our own studio to create Original and Exclusive content. With an Amazon Prime membership, customers can have unlimited access to thousands of titles for no additional charge, including popular and award-winning Prime Originals like Jack Ryan, Man in the High Castle and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Global Consumer Engagement team within Prime Video builds product and technology solutions that drive customer activation and engagement across all our supported devices and growing global footprint. We obsess over finding effective, programmatic and scalable ways to reach customers via a broad portfolio of both in-app and out-of-app experiences. We are seeking an experienced and charismatic technical leader to join us and lead the development of the next generation of highly engaging experiences that enable our customers to enjoy our content in new and interactive formats.
The successful candidate will work cross-organizationally to:
· Enable rapid, high quality development of new experiences across the Prime Video and Amazon tech stacks.
· Drive prioritization and remediation of operational and architecture risks across related Prime Video and Amazon systems.
· Own managing down the impact, duration and recurrence of any production system events that negatively affect our customers.
· Navigate complex trade-offs between immediate business needs and long-term software solutions.
· Hire and develop a team of software engineers to support the projects.
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching and more. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, coupled or relevant technical discipline.
· 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience, with a proven track record of shipping innovative, high quality, consumer-scale products.
· 5+ years people management experience with demonstrated team building skills - ability to bring people together, hire, develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise - strong technical skills, you don’t have to code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
· Must be able to effectively hold other teams/dependencies accountable while maintaining good working relations with them.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, coupled or relevant technical discipline.
· A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology, and projects.
· Experience with novel software techniques, especially those that have consumer-facing applications.
· Experience leading through others, mentoring and growing leaders.
· An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment.
· Strong organizational planning and development, technical leadership and communication skills.
· Ability to lead multiple simultaneous, cross-organizational product development efforts and initiatives.
· Experience in gaming and advertising platforms/technologies and/or applying Machine Learning to existing businesses.