The successful candidate will have a proven track record of supporting content development teams, the ability to propose and execute on delivery roadmaps, strong communication skills to both executives and individual contributors, and an insatiable thirst for innovation.
You will be leading a team of technical communication professionals. Your team is responsible for supporting technical writers and elevating their content by helping define methods, processes, guidelines, content strategy, content management, and best practices.
The leader and the team provide the infrastructure for F5 Tech Comm teams; and help those teams implement solutions for a wide range of content and delivery types.
Attractions of the Job:
Opportunity for challenging the norms; innovation based on customer needs and expectations. Incorporating product goals, company goals and business needs into Product Content Experience projects that help drive team success, corporate success, and delight our customers. This position gives you the opportunity to strategize, create, innovate, and deliver the highest quality customer experience.
- Coordinate the creation and curation of a global forward-looking content strategy that supports our employees and customers while driving increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Enable content development teams to achieve ROI goals through assessment and metrics to evaluate content effectiveness.
- Envision and implement a content roadmap inclusive of technology strategy
- Support continuous improvement methodologies that support rapid sharing of information and focused process improvement
- Educate and guide R&D teams on standards and information management/content management principles, methodologies, best practices, etc.
- Assist content development teams to communicate business purpose, strategy and on-going iterative approach for the knowledge and information standards activities
- Facilitate the use, reuse, sharing, and exchange of information across F5 functions and initiatives.
- Recruit and provide performance appraisals, develop and promote staff, resolve performance issues.
- Communicate internally and externally within industry on content development-related topics (standards, processes, and technology-enablement)
- Keep abreast of industry trends in information/content management, integration, and sharing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop a positive and creative working environment
- Experience with web and data analytics to drive content direction
- Ensure open communication with writing managers
- Ability to inspire others
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to develop a team environment
- Professional conduct
- Working knowledge of GitHub, CI/CD process, DITA/easyDITA, writing in XML, Adobe Experience Manager, Perforce, Bugzilla, PowerPoint, Excel, performance management tools, content and web analytics
- BS/BA in Technical Communications, Information Management, English, or equivalent work experience is required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years technical communication experience with at least 6-7 years in management
- Prior experience in leading people and multi-level organizations
- Must bring strategic perspective to content development and delivery programs
- Robust experience with content design theory and methods, content development and program evaluation; must be able to effectively employ various facilitation techniques, utilize multiple delivery options; and leverage measurement and evaluation theory and methods
- Ability to inspire others
- Demonstrated creative intelligence, strategic thinking and driving results
- Ability to adapt and adjust willingly and quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service; proven ability to think like a customer
- Experience developing and managing department budget(s).
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new processes, ideas, and concepts
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 2-5% of the time spent traveling