This position will provide technical leadership for the entire infrastructure engineering team to build systems utilizing automation, resiliency, and flexibility. Define the strategy that drives the infrastructure and services that let product service teams quickly and safely iterate and experiment with features across many public and private deployments. Coach/lead the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team as well as providing administrative support. Ensure technical currency is maintained within the infrastructure offerings. Be a hands-on engineer who can build resilient infrastructure both on premise or in the Cloud, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Work with customer to define epics and refine requirements into actionable stories. Maintain financial plans for Capital and Operational expenses for projects and teams. Manage 24x7x365 days of staff coverage.
- Ensures work is getting accomplished by allocating assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between the team and ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists in estimating work effort and costs associated with new project requests.
- Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
- Responsible for resolution of complex database issues escalated from database operations.
- Leads and manage projects for both internal team and external IT teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
7+ years of related experience including a minimum of 5+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure infrastructure systems in IT, experience working with Agile Methods and modern data center and cloud environments.
Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
2 or more certifications of the following: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP , Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
Experience in health care, insurance or related field.