Develop and manage a broad spectrum of communication channels to support a complete communication strategy team for Spectrum Enterprise. This includes internal weekly sales newsletter, internal website content development and updates, ghost writing projects, and internal communications and announcements. This position will work closely with Sales, Operations, Marketing and Leaders to help articulate relevant and timely communications across Spectrum Enterprise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Research and write announcements, articles and other materials geared to customers and our communities at large.
- Manage strategic communications projects, including contents development, stakeholder review and distribution.
- Build and establish strong working relationships with key internal partners and contributors.
- Inject a “story-telling perspective” into Spectrum Enterprise communications strategy, particularly through finding and crafting stories that personalize and promote Spectrum Enterprise personality and positive traits through our employees.
- Manage field leadership communications, including writing in key executives' “voice”.
- Assist as needed in formulating local and regional marketing communications, crisis communications, issues management, and other communications functions.
- Research communication possibilities for diverse media (e.g. print publications, websites, online and social media, etc.).
- Produce multiple materials and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Be familiar with and help develop Spectrum Enterprise positions, policies and messages.
- Interact with employees in all business disciplines and at all levels in the company.
- Promote Spectrum Enterprise, new services, initiatives, improvements and general information across multiple platforms - print, online, multi-media and television.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, media in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Dreamweaver, News weaver and other editorial Software a Plus
Excellent writing and media relations skills required
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Ability to attend to detail
Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and tasks
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Knowledge of television, Internet and phone products and services, as well as those of our competitors in industry
Demonstrates internet research ability
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
7+ years in communications related position