: Sr. Mgr, Deputy Director of Operations Job Code:
OMM6 Job Location
: Waco, Texas
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Deputy Director of Operations
for our Hangar, Dock and Line operations for our facility located in Waco, TX 76705.
We offer competitive benefits and a generous relocation package with benefits that start on day one. Summary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading one or more departments within Manufacturing and Hangar Dock and Line Operations, this position manages a team highly experienced professionals, supervisors, and managers.
- Manages Operations Team to ensure Safety, Quality, Schedule and Budget goals are established and met.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence senior leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions.
- Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals that directly impact the mid- to long-term function or business area achievements to include Continuous Improvement.
- Requires advanced management, business knowledge, leadership capabilities and broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines.
Required Education and Experience
- Responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing and HDL Operations for site.
- Establishes the direction for new processes, systems, solutions, and products using significant conceptualization, reasoning, and interpretation.
- Utilizing continuous improvement principles and leaning into business operating systems, develops solutions that are innovative and often define best practice for the future.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are regularly complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
- Extensively analyzes implications of both near and long-term solution.
- Owns and develops tactical and operational plans and goals for a business area or function, which may include oversight for multiple departments.
- Recommends and operationalizes strategies that have a direct impact on the mid- to long-term function/area achievements.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences business decisions made by leadership.
- Recommends and implements new products, processes, policies, standards or operating plans in support of job function strategy.
- Typically has budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability for the department.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience .
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business area or functional teams.
- Typically has broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization's business practices.
- Solid understanding of Industry standards including, but not limited to DOD, FAA, federal, state, and local regulations and familiarity with aircraft production / MRO shops required.
- Must be a US Citizen in order to have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Expertise Flight Operations Location USA - TX - Waco