Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The candidate will lead the team responsible for developing the next generation of residential split systems. In this role, the candidateworks with technology and research teams to down select the technologies with the highest value, and then leads the implementation in to the product.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to adhoc assignments as needed.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including but not limited to; cross functional team members, senior leaders, global suppliers, external customers, and direct reports.
- Ensure the correct resources, with adequate skill set are in place to adequately support product plans.
- Drive updates to design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems and products
- Lead Implementation of development process continuous improvements to reduce waste and decrease process times
- Facilitate staff skill development and performance reviews
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Leads a team within the new product development engineering organization
- Assists in the development and management of budget, staffing and or business/operational results
- Assigns priority and manages flow of work request
- Experience leading engineering team in a product development environment
- Ability to coach and develop employees to improve skill set of the organization and deliver commitments
- Proven work experience in managing a project from start to finish, including setting objectives, identifying risks, assigning resources, and communicating to key stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience using design for six sigma principles
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate will possess an engineering BA/BS degree with 12+ years of experience or and advanced degree with 10+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68187BR