This position will work directly with the Director of IT Finance and is responsible for helping manage IT Finance Expenses ($650-700M) and related work including Plan, Forecast, Reporting and Data Management. This position works closely with the CIO direct reports and their designees and requires regular communication with Directors, Managing Directors and occasionally with the CIO.
- Monthly variance analysis reporting...actuals to forecast, prior periods
- Periodic exec review decks, meeting with CIO and direct reports of the CIO to walkthrough latest financials, updated projections, reconcile changes
- Quarterly forecast refresh
- Monthly financial reporting/variance analysis to the CIO and the direct reports of CIO
- Assist with analytics
- Key player in periodic and continuous financial planning efforts by acting as a key Finance representative for select Technology Managing Directors and their teams. Assist the Technology executives and their designated BRMs / Business Analysts in building their respective financial plans by determining dollar requirements for each line item and applying appropriate budgetary constraints.
- Provide insights and prepare the financial data needed for the periodic Technology plans.
- Responsible for the models/policy on approval requirements for the plan and changes/updates to the plan.
- Validatefinancial considerations/data used to justify business cases.
- Perform the financial analysis / impact assessment based on ad-hoc DE requests.
- Responsible for Capex and operating costs in Apptio and all relevant systems:
- Load & reconcile GL data in Apptio
- Ensure that GL to Apptio mapping is correct
- Liaison with the Management Reporting team to ensure Apptio continues to support the requiredreporting
- Verify Algorithms & develop cost accounting rates (and models if needed).
- Ensure compliance with the Accounting Capitalization policy. Validate the financial impact of business drivers and define/find the cost accounting models, including rates.
- Track, monitor and reportfinancial & managerial/cost accounting views in Apptio. Ensure that all activities/drivers for such cost views are agreed upon by the Delivery Executives.
- Responsible for the development and production of any updates to and new financial management reports. This includes financial management content that currently exists in the QBR reports, Monthly DE reports, and CIO decks.
- Perform predictive analysis. Research and perform detailed & insightful data analysis to determine trends and cost impact to the business / decision making. Perform root cause analysis to identify both favorable and unfavorable factors/variables. Prepare and present reports, charts, and tables detailing these factors to Delivery Executives to help inform decision making. In addition to these duties, analysts must also routinely examine their own methodologies to find ways of improving predictive accuracy.
- Analyze and report future financial impacts of pending business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 plus years industry experience
- Experience with financialforecasting and resource management
- Experience with Hyperion and Oracle Financials
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial products (equities, options, mutual funds, fixed income, futures)
- Prior experience in IT Finance is preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent analytic skills
- CPA/CMA/MBA preferred but not required
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience