The Global Services & Engineering (GS&E) organization is hiring a Senior Manager of Business Intelligence & Analytics. This role will report directly to the Director, Services Strategic Initiatives & Operations (SI&O) and will be responsible for managing the GS&E Business Intelligence & Analytics team, operations, and strategy.
The Sr.Mgr, BI & Analytics will have a background of building and growing BI teams, coaching, mentoring and evolving team member skillsets, and staying on top of the latest technological advancements in this space, making recommendations to WWT.
As a leader, this role will partner with multiple organizations across WWT, to include Finance, IT, and our Business Partners in the Service Lines to deliver world class Business Intelligence solutions to enable, grow, and evolve WWT’s Services business.
The Sr. Mgr, BI & Analytics will have a technical and analytical background in the data space, coupled with a high business acumen and EQ, to work and partner with the Service Line business partners to use data to drive business outcomes. Additionally, the Sr. Mgr, BI & Analytics will partner with IT leadership to define the GS&E data strategy, and ensure that the enterprise vision aligns with the needs and requirements within GS&E.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring strong BI, analytics, technical acumen, organizational, and leadership skills to this team. They will be comfortable working in ambiguity, with multiple and shifting priorities. They will be able to make decisions and lead the team, ensuring that the team always has clear direction and guidance.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions/Competencies
- Proven ability to manage a distributed team, defining priorities, goals and objectives
- Sets goals for their analytics teams and pushes execution towards these goals
- Defines operational frameworks, standards, and guidelines and then works to implement, monitor and report on the outcomes
- Manages and mentors team members
- Fosters an environment of innovation and learning in their organization
- Encourages and rewards best practices for analytics in their organization to ensure their teams produce the highest quality products
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company
- Manages relationship into IT department to ensure efficient execution to goals and alignment of strategies and outcomes
- Works with the Manager of GS&E Data to prioritize work going into the IT department to build out new or enhanced data sets to meet business objectives
- Influences, guides, and is a change champion for evolving the data culture within WWT
- Partners with the Area Director, Services Business Processes & Systems to align reporting and data requirements with existing and new initiatives
- Partners with the Sr. Manager, Services Initiatives to align BI & Analytics initiatives into the project framework, guidelines and standards of the SI&O organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or similar
- Master’s in Data Science, Business Intelligence or other preferred
- Applied use and/or certification in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant business experience required
- Previous Management/Leadership experience required
- Expert in Tableau, Hyperion, Power BI or analytical equivalent required
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
- Previous experience in a Services organization or Information technology industry is preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding and knowledge of analytics architecture and infrastructure (database, data warehouse, etc.)
- Must have hands on knowledge and understanding of one or more SDLC methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, SaFE, etc