- Serves as lead statistician on large scale/complex projects.
- Oversees the project work of directly reporting statisticians.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the development of protocols, analysis plans, programming specifications, interpretation, and writing of results.
- Acts as a senior statistical reviewer commensurate with expertise and ability.
- Provides first level of PPD management communication with clients.
- Understands project budget as it relates to project work scope and communicate proactively with management concerning potential changes in work scope.
- Communicates with sponsors concerning project work scope and budgetary changes after reviewing with management.
- Provides budgetary reconciliation against actual expenditure. Identifies and quantifies the budget and expense differences.
- Ensures the effective resource and utilization management of staff.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees.
- Ensure SOP and FDA guideline adherence.
- Leads departmental management in process-improvement strategies.
- Prepares proposals and participates in business development presentations.
- Engages in raining and professional development
- Provides line management of staff.
- Participates in strategic client franchise leadership.
Education and Experience:
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, and experience. Prefer MA/MS degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, or related field with appropriate statistical coursework and 6 years of experience; With a Ph.D., 4 years of experience.2+ years clinical trials experience
2+ years of management responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated initiative and motivation
Proven performance in leading complex projects
Evidence of strong staff management skills, as shown through the successful management of multiple projects and staff members, and proven ability to mentor and motivate staff
Proven success in the line management of supervisory staff