Raytheon's Global Business Service's Accounts Payable manager is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of approximately 1.5M supplier invoices with annual spend of over $14 billion, compliant with policies and regulations, while utilizing best practices and following internal controls. The Accounts Payable team consists of 3 direct reports with a staff of 30, providing Accounts Payable support on an international level through multiple ERP systems. The team leverages a high degree of automation for invoice delivery, posting, workflow and payments managing the activity through a portfolio of technology platforms, 3 rd party service providers and the Raytheon Information Technology teams
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage RTN's global Accounts Payable team with a focus on policy and strategy implementation for transaction processing in the primary SAP ERP systems and several small site ERP systems.
- Assess, monitor and mitigate risks in accounts payable activity to ensure both manual and automated processes are compliant, utilize best practices and follow internal controls.
- Use broad management and technical skills to lead projects and identify opportunities to streamline and implement measureable process improvements.
- Provide input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will positively impact the overall functional results. Participate in industry User Groups.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries and interact with all levels of management
- Provide cross functional support through engagement with Supply Chain, logistics , HR, business finance and IT to improve end to end processing activities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills and ability to develop and mentor future leaders
- Strong knowledge and experience with large complex ERP and AP systems such as SAP, Peoplesoft, and Oracle
- Prior Experience developing and implementing strategy, policy and operational plans
- Track record of identifying opportunities for process improvement, risk or cost reduction and developing/implementing creative solutions
- Ability to manage key deliverables and projects in a timely and efficient manor
- Prior experience interfacing with internal and external auditors
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent skills with MS Office Suite especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Masters' degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of Raytheon's Six Sigma principles with an emphasis on lean processing for a continued focus on accounts payable process efficiencies.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Related field and 12 years directly applicable experience gained in a large corporate setting
- This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship