As a Senior Metrology Engineer - New Product Integration you'll support the Central Metrology Group to shape the strategy and lead the integration of dimensional management practices into the GEA new product integration process.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Considered the Metrology Subject Matter Expert (SME) during new program integration team.
- Leverage dimensional engineering practices to predictively optimize product quality design to achieve world class fit, finish, and craftsmanship.
- Responsible for steering a robust Metrology strategy during the NPI program across all product lines.
- Investigate Build/Fit-up development throughout the program.
- Supports metrology documentation in GEA Quality Management Systems.
- Supports the Advanced Quality Engineering and Supplier Quality Engineering team in part, product, and tooling qualification.
- Guide Functional GD&T PPAP Inspection for NPI/Capacity.
- Guide an Off-Shore (India Base) Team in PolyWorks Inspection via Scan or CMM.
- Leverage 3D metrology tools to push fast root cause analysis, and to study and validate parts, tooling, and equipment thought the product development process to achieve world-class quality and craftsmanship.
- Assist with identification of key function interfaces for parts and assemblies, conduct dimensional risk assessment early in the development cycle to ensure the overall product dimensional requirements can be achieved.
- Support dimensional investigation studies to establish if the design, manufacturing, and assembly process will optimally achieve the final product dimensional requirements.
- Support cross-functional team sign-off on part datum features, fixturing scheme, and inspection points early and up front in the program to deliver built-in quality and best-in-class fit, feel, and finish.
- Provide dimensional feedback to Manufacturing Quality from data received from CMM, Laser Tracker, Scanning, and other metrology means.
- Support global project management, provide guidance and technical direction to the offshore team, coordinate seamless execution of dimensional projects between the GEA team and the off-shore team.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring for design engineers related to the application of dimensional management and 3D optical metrology.
- Support the development and growth of a robust dimensional data management system.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing Manufacturing Quality standards related to the application of dimensional management and 3D metrology.
- Promote a culture of innovation and learning through external collaborations and benchmarking.
- Responsible for defining the scope of metrology projects, conducting thorough data research, generating necessary reports, and communicating meaningful results to the engineer/ requestor.
- Support the development of new measurement technology and processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar
- Metrology Engineering or Dimensional Engineering 5+ Years
- Skilled in 3D metrology, model-based inspection methods, and scanning using structured light, laser, CT x-ray, or measuring arm.
- Expertise in conducting dimensional study using 3D scan data and post processing and interpretation of point cloud measurement data using Polyworks or similar.
- Expertise in Dimensional Software data collection packages: CM4D, PolyWorks, Pro-Link, and GOM ATOS.
- Skilled in automotive quality processes including applying and leveraging the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process per the AIAG Standard
- Knowledge in part and assembly modeling using PTC Creo and Windchill PLM
- Skilled reading, interpreting, and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T Standard.
- Knowledge in scripting/macros- Python or similar.
- Skilled the application of model-based definition, interpreting and managing designs using Digital Product Definition methodologies and standards in accordance with the ASME Y14.41 Standard
- Proficient in working with digital tools and working in digital engineering environments
- Self-starter, innovative, willingness to develop and implement new digital engineering tools and practices
- Sound communication skills, proven analytical and problem-solving skills