The PetSmart Canada Finance team plays an integral role in the Canada Home Office. This position is responsible for the development of accurate annual and seasonal financial plans (Sales, Margin, Receipts, Inventory and Turn) that support the merchandise strategy and financial objectives of large and complex business units. .
This position requires a strong analytical & critical thinking skills, robust financial modeling skills, effective communication across all levels of the organization, solid organizational abilities, high attention to detail, ability to work independently and run with small projects from start to finish, advanced Excel skills, ability to quickly pick-up new systems and strong leadership attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Own semi-annual planning & rolling forecasting processes with the primary focus on Merchandise Sales, Margin and Inventory and achieve goals as designated to plan for assigned business unit
- Partner with Mechandising and Supply Chain teams to reforecast Sales, Margin & Inventory for business according to trends and new information, provide insight and recommendations to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity based on financial analysis
- Assist with financial presentation creation for various strategic meetings (ie.Direction Setting, Line Reviews, Vendor, QB, etc.)
- Perform Merchandise related analytics, including but not limited to foreign exchange implications, promotional performance , mix/rate
- Develop and enhance various financialreporting dependent on business needs
- Support Vendor terms negotiations
- Lead special projects that drive growth opportunities and present findings to senior management
- Generate and present weekly and period-end reporting
- Provide peer leadership and training to Merchandise Financial Planners
- Build strong working relationships with U.S. counterparts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Post-graduate degreerequired. Completed or working towards a CMA /CPA or MBA preferred. Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a business environment. Experience in retail or consumer packaged goods preferred.
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Robust financial modeling skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across departments and with US to drive decisions
- Solid organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- BI and MicroStrategy an asset
- JDA Enterprising Planning experiencepreferred
- Experience implementing systems is an asset