NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
Seek creative and motivated individual to work in a fast paced MEMS technology team. The candidate will play an important role in improving NXP’s MEMS sensor production quality and yield, and in developing NXP’s next generation MEMS technologies and products. He/she is expected to provide technical leadership and make significant contributions in the areas of MEMS process integration and device development.
- Provide technical leadership for MEMS process development and MEMS product qualification
- Manage and coordinate development/manufacturing activities with partner fabs/foundries to resolve process and materials issues, drive continuous quality and cost improvement initiatives
- Drive quality, yield and cost benefits on existing products through process integration enhancements, defect reduction, and product performance improvements
- Lead cross functional teams to improve manufacturing efficiencies and product quality
- Drive strategic improvement initiatives across all departments and provide technical solutions in CQI resolution, customer support and documentation
- Effectively communicate with project team and management regarding technical status, schedule and risks
- Work with cross functional teams to certify MEMS processes, qualify new MEMS products and meet project cost and schedule objectives
- Mentor development partners and junior engineers.
- BS/MS in Engineering or Physics
- 5+ years of relevant MEMS industry experience
- Good understanding of MEMS design and process technologies for motion sensors and pressure sensors
- Advanced technical degree in a relevant field
- MEMS industry experience in process development for gyroscopes, accelerometer and/or pressure sensors a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated team player
- Experience in silicon wafer processing, DRIE, wafer level bonding, and/or wafer level vacuum sealing
- Strong design of experiment, data analysis and process control skills
- Experience in MEMS device characterization a plus
- Experience working with multicultural/international teams a plus
- Some domestic and international travel may be required