We have the following, exciting field - based opportunity within our Medical Affairs Division available. This position is within our HIV Prevention division and covers the Ohio Valley territory including KY,TN,OH,IN. The incumbent is an experienced, well organized, results-oriented healthcare professional who will develop ongoing professional relationships related to HIV prevention, and provide scientific support to key healthcare decision makers in, public health and academic institutions, along with community and community healthcare providers throughout the assigned geography.
· Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
· Presents scientific and clinical data for these products.
· Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
· Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
· Assists with sales force training at national and regional levels.
· Assists with Gilead phase 4 program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
· Assists with site selection for both phase 4 and other clinical trials.
· Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
· Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication. Others both from within and outside Gilead seek the MSL out for advice and collaboration.
· Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
· Travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
· Advanced degrees (M.D., D.O., Pharm. D., PhD are preferred, certified N.P., P.A., R.N. considered) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare, public health or pharmaceutical industry (HIV or primary care experience required);
· Two to four years of experience in clinical, research, or public health arena
· Well-developed experience in preparing and delivering presentations
· Experience in the management or investigation of clinical or implementation research
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network)
· Excellent project management ability
· Thorough knowledge of HIV care and prevention preferred
· Excellent judgment and initiative are required
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook) is required
· Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies.
· Ability to travel overnight regularly
$80K - $85K