Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Sr. MSL will establish and maintain scientific and clinical relationships with medical professionals, researchers, payor groups, and other members of the scientific community in alignment with a therapeutic area of focus. Sr. MSLs mentor and manage group and individual projects while establishing and maintaining scientific and clinical relationships with medical professionals, researchers, payor groups, and other members of the scientific community in alignment with a therapeutic area of focus. The Medical Science Liaison team in conjunction with the Director, Medical Science Liaisons and Sr/Exec Director, Medical Affairs, will integrate their scientific expertise and knowledge in all interactions, and ensure compliant and successful scientific communication and education in disease states of interest to Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Territory Includes: Seattle and Portland, or Denver and Salt Lake City
- Provide field-based scientific exchange and communication of FDA approved and pipeline products
- In support of FDA approved products, work within the Medical Science Liaison team's objectives
- Identify, establish, and maintain scientific relationships with opinion leaders regarding disease-state and product-specific information
- Educate payers (Health plans, Medicare, Medicaid), key decision makers (P&T members, opinion leaders, pharmacists), agents (specialty pharmacy, GPO, and PBMs); differentiate products based on clinical (efficacy & side effect profiles) and economic data to support formulary decisions
- Facilitate scientific development of pipeline compounds at research centers, and secure the company's presence in the designated therapeutic areas
- Support the clinical operations organization, as needed, in Jazz Pharmaceuticals sponsored research
- Serve as primary liaison with investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
- Cross-functional nature of role requires close alignment with the Medical Affairs, Commercial, and Clinical Development groups
- Document and forward reports of adverse events according to Jazz's policy to ensure safe and effective use of Jazz Pharmaceuticals' products
- Attend and provide scientific support of Medical Affairs activities and scientific sessions at regional and national congress meetings
- Develop and prioritize solutions to problems, understand relationship between actions and results and able to understand and appreciate needs of customers
- Proactively seeks out and demonstrates successful peer coaching of other team members
- Successfully manages at least two large cross-functional projects with demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills while successfully maintaining geographical responsibilities
- Sr. MSL: Advanced medical scientific degree (PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD) required plus a minimum of 5 years MSL experience or comparable role
- Preference will be given those with experience in Sleep Medicine; however, experience in Neurology, Psychiatry or other relevant backgrounds will be considered
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific data to both internal and external customers, including opinion leaders and managed care organizations
- Knowledge of geography and key opinion leaders preferred
- Thorough understanding of applicable federal and state regulatory requirements for field-based scientific personnel
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust and relationships with opinion leaders in disease states of interest
- Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including commercial and R&D partners, medical opinion leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, managed care organizations, medical directors and pharmacy directors in institutional practices
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel 60% of work days