Sr Media Relations Specialist, Pepco - (206866)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and executing internal or external communications programs and activities as needed by the Managers of Communications or Directors of Communications. The Specialist serves as a point of contact for internal or external communications and works in or with the business units to coordinate content, guidelines and implementation, and to ensure consistent messaging and corporate identity. Responsibilities include media relations, interaction with advertising/marketing vendors and community outreach.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and executing internal or external communications programs and activities as needed by the Managers of Communications or Directors of Communications. The Specialist serves as a point of contact for internal or external communications and works in or with the business units to coordinate content, guidelines and implementation, and to ensure consistent messaging and corporate identity. Responsibilities include media relations, event production, interaction with advertising/marketing vendors and community and employee outreach.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Ensure effective communication of company goals and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
2. Coordinate media outreach initiatives
3. Support and participate in the development and implementation of internal and external communications programs and initiatives.
4. Manage a variety of internal, external and marketing communications tasks to support leadership, including preparation of a range of communications publications, talking points, speeches presentations, and other materials.
5. Develop strong working relationship with other business units, local press and community officials, as needed, to implement community outreach programs.
• 4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 5 to 8years’ experience in communications (media relations, employee communications or advertising).
• Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal.
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills
• Proven ability to be innovative and creative
• Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior business leaders and the local press.
• Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field preferred
• Energy business/industry knowledge preferred
• Bilingual/Spanish speaking candidates a plus
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor